ESCAPE Gaming Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESCAPE Gaming Center

PC and Console Gaming Center in Bedford, Ohio

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Fusion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dorf123
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm

We at Escape have herd rumors of Cold Fusion possibly opening up for business again. Therefore we would like to stay ahead of our potential competition and ask for your help and honest opinions. We are looking for those of you who have ever been to Cold Fusion while it was open before. What did you like about Cold Fusion? What did you dislike about it? Would you visit Cold Fusion again? What do you like about Escape? What do you dislike about escape? What changes would you suggest at Escape? affraid
Back to top Go down
whoopz

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 pm

dorf123 wrote:
We at Escape have herd rumors of Cold Fusion possibly opening up for business again. Therefore we would like to stay ahead of our potential competition and ask for your help and honest opinions. We are looking for those of you who have ever been to Cold Fusion while it was open before. What did you like about Cold Fusion? What did you dislike about it? Would you visit Cold Fusion again? What do you like about Escape? What do you dislike about escape? What changes would you suggest at Escape? affraid

We'll Ive never been to escape (Plan to soon), but I went to cold fusion twice. I went to the store about 1/2 year ago when they were supposed to re-open, and they still haven't So I wouldn't be surprised if they don't re-open anytime soon. I attened 2 halo 2 tournaments their About 2 years ago, which were run VERY SLOW. The Guy who won one of the tourneys I was at, still hasn't been paid his $200 he won, what a bummer for him! I would still visit their again just because its they only LAN Center near me and would go to halo 2 tournaments because I enjoy the game. What changes would I suggest for you? Get halo 2 tournaments Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.halohio.com
dorf123
Admin

Registration date : 2006-11-10

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 3:07 pm

I would like to thank you for your comments. Feel free to come by Escape and chat with us. We would like to do a Halo 2 tournament and just recently purchased 4 24" tv's for our Smash Bros tournaments that we could use for Halo 2. We just have never done a Halo 2 tourny, so if you would like to stop by and talk to us about doing one, your help setting up the first one would be appriceated. And I assure you, everyone gets their prize money before they leave. We do a prize ratio of 40%-1, 20%-2 and 10%-3rd of the total entry fees. So the more people you can bring with you for a tournament the more money you have a chance to win. Thanks again for your comments, hope to get some more.
Back to top Go down
whoopz

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Yea, I live about an hour away so I probly wouldn't be able to stop by anytime soon though. Ive attended several halo 2 tournaments and here would be my advice.

-Because of your limit of 4 TVs I would suggest only doing a FFA or 2v2 Tournament.
-For all tournaments have 2 players split-screen. For 2v2 tournaments 2 games could be played at once. For Free For All tournaments 8 Players could play per game.
-Entry fees of $20-$25 per player so a good prize would be available.
-Each matchup between 2 teams, would be a best of 3 game series.
-Double Elimination

-Major League Gaming (MLG - www.mlgpro.com) gameplay Settings are definitly the most popular settings.
For a 2v2 or ffa tournament, only slayer settings should be used. I realize that things like the round time limit or score to win could be adjusted for time purposes so that people are not waiting around.

2v2 Tournament Gameplay Settings
Score to win: 50 (could be adjusted to 25)
Round Time Limit: 15 Minutes (could be adjusted to 12 minutes)
Suicide Penalty: None
Betrayal Penalty: None
Starting Weapon: Battle Rifle
Weapon Respawn Time: Double Time
Weapons on Map: No Duals
Motion Sensor: Off
Team Changing: Off
Leave the rest of the settings as is.
-Sword is usually not allowed in 2v2 tournaments, but thats up to you guys do decide.
2v2 Maps: MidShip, Lockout, Warlock, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower

FFA Tournament Gameplay Settings
All Settings listed below are those that are not default for Slayer.
Score to Win Round = Unlimited
Round Time Limit = 15 Minutes
Suicide Penalty = None
Starting Weapon = Battle Rifle
Weapons on Map = Human
Map = Midship
Back to top Go down
http://www.halohio.com
u4iX

Registration date : 2007-03-26

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 7:13 am

I actually have a few complaints/suggestions about the gametypes and settings.

My first suggestion is to pay out more than just first place in the FFA, because FFA's can be more luck depending on spawns, etc. So they best player might not always finish first.

Second, if the 2v2s are going to be played to 50 kills, 12 minutes might not be a good idea. For one, it will cause a lot of camping. Camping will occur because one team might be up just a few kills, and there will only be around two minutes left. Because there isn't enouhg time to reach 50 kills, teams will most likely camp with the lead.

My third suggestion sort of ties in together with some other suggestions.

Iif the weapon set on beaver creak and ivory tower are going to be human, the overshield needs to be on. The reason being there is both a sniper rifle and a rocket luancher on those maps. Without an overshield to pick up, the team with the sniper and rockets will always win. If there is an overshield, then the team without snipe and rockets has a chance to pick up the overshiled and rush/kill at least one of the opposing team members.

NOTE: If you wanted to keep the overshield off, just change the weapon set on those two maps (beaver creek and ivory tower) to rifles. This way the only power weapon on the map is a sniper rifle, so the game becomes more fair, since focusing your fire on the sniper becomes more important, and you dont have to worry about the other guy having rockets.

Fourth, the Sanctuary weapon set should be default, that way there is both sniper and PP on the map, it gives each team a significant choice to make about what weapons to pick up, and if one team has both snipers than the PP are there for the other team to use to ruch the snipers.
Back to top Go down
ll StPeter ll

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm that guy that never got paid his $200... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Vert

Registration date : 2006-11-02

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:45 pm

ll StPeter ll wrote:
I'm that guy that never got paid his $200... Evil or Very Mad

Sorry you didn't get paid but don't hold it against the new owners Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Fusion   Cold Fusion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Fusion
Page 1 of 1